Welcome to Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
We are here if you need to talk...about anything.
CAPS has moved temporarily so renovations of our Student Center space can take place. We have relocated to the Thompson Home, located at 4756 Cass Ave, across from the Hilberry Theater, near Old Main. IF YOU NEED HANDICAP ACCESS TO THE BUILDING, PLEASE CALL AHEAD TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS.
We will return to our home in the Student Center Building in August of 2016. Thank you in advance for your patience, and we do apologize for any inconvenience. We will keep the same phone number throughout (see below).
CAPS is part of Student Services and is the university agency dedicated to provide counseling and psychological services for Wayne State students and to provide consultation and outreach to the university community in support of student welfare. CAPS promotes a culture of understanding and growth through professional collaboration among the dynamic staff, which consists of licensed professional counselors, psychologists, and social workers. CAPS is fully accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services
WSU Registered Students
We provide counseling to help you build and reach your goals for psychological health, personal well-being, and academic success.
- Free and confidential personal, couples, and group counseling is available to you.
- You can stop by to complete a short screening assessment to see which of our services best meets your needs.
Faculty, Department Representatives & Student Groups
- We will engage in Outreach Events as requested by faculty and the university community
- We provide Consultation Services on how to respond to student's psychological and emotional needs as requested
Parents of Wayne State Students
- As a parent, you can request Consultation about resources
- We provide Coordination of Care for any student who needs local mental health providers
- We are happy to present Talks to parent groups on topics of interest
CAPS can help. Call 313-577-3398
Wayne State is an urban university with a diverse student body from 50 states and more than 70 countries. At CAPS, as with the rest of the university, diversity is valued, appreciated, and accepted.