Referring Your Student to Us

What You Can Do

If you are concerned and believe that your son or daughter might benefit from counseling, please encourage him or her to call our office to set up an appointment. If your son or daughter is not yet willing to call the office, you may call and ask to speak to one of our staff for guidance on how to manage the situation.

What We Offer

Counseling and Psychological Services provides individual counseling, group counseling, crisis intervention, consultation, and referral services to Wayne State  University students. Services are provided free of charge to students and are confidential. Information cannot be disclosed to anyone without written permission from the client.

Getting Started With Us

Students may call to set up an appointment for counseling at 313-577-3398. They may also walk-in and ask to meet with a counselor. At the time of initial contact, your student will be asked to provide some basic information about themselves. They will then be assigned a counselor who will call them and arrange to meet for a more in-depth interview to see what type of service will best meet their needs. If the counselor feels another agency or service provider could better meet their needs, the counselor will provide your son or daughter with the contact information for that agency or provider. The CAPS counselor will follow-up with your student to be sure that they are satisfied with the referral.